Sidewalk Talk is empowering leaders in diverse communities to lead a Sidewalk Talk Chapter.
If you are a diverse leader from the non-dominant culture, we offer a community grant, waiving the fundraising requirements and supplying you with a kit of supplies to launch. We will send you chairs, signs, postcards, and shirts to start your listening chapter.
Chapter Leaders must have the following qualifications and experience:
- A self-starter with experience leading people / community organizing.
- 18 years or older
- Ability to translate and localize training materials into your native language.
- Are not an existing leader inside Sidewalk Talk.
- Represent a diverse community outside the dominant group in your part of the world.
- Access to a computer with basic technical skills to use Facebook, Email, and the internet.
- Commitment to listen a minimum of four times per year.
- All leaders not licensed in education or the mental health field are willing to submit to a background check.