Sidewalk Talk is empowering leaders in diverse communities with mental health or coaching backgrounds to lead Sidewalk Talk chapters.
f you are a diverse leader from the non-dominant culture, we offer a community grant, waiving the fundraising requirements and supplying you with a kit of supplies to launch.
City Leaders must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Background in mental health training, or certified in Safe Conversations, Non-Violent Communication, Emotional CPR or a Certified Coach may apply. Applicants outside this industry with proven community engagement experience will also be considered with additional background check.
- A self-starter with leadership skills a must.
- Ability to translate and localize training materials into your native language.
- Are not an existing leader inside Sidewalk Talk.
- Represent a diverse community outside the dominant group in your part of the world.
- Proven experience leading or organizing people and events.
- Basic technical skills to use email, online calendars and the internet